Items disappear from cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items disappear from cart

This doesn't happen with all users, but seems to happen with mobile and windows users, when they add items to their cart and then go to check out, the cart is empty. This has happened at least ten times in the last day. I have upgraded to the latest version of the plugin. Is this a known issue? Is there a quick fix?

This sounds like you have some caching on your system. I would check and disable any wordpress caching or security plugins and see if it resolves itself. If not, you may have other areas that are caching such as themes, plugins, and even your hosting server might be caching things away.

In some cases, we have seen this depending on how users call their site into secure SSL https:// mode. We have a setting in our settings -> checkout panel that you can force SSL on.

Comment

I'm seeing this same issue. I turned off my caching plug-in (CometCache), turned ON the settings -> checkout panel option to force SSL on, and still see the same behavior.

Comment

This has been a long standing issue with caching systems and ecommerce systems. We did launch an update a few weeks ago though, where you can go to settings -> checkout and you can turn ON the load cart from scripts, and this alters how the entire cart system is loaded, including a small preloader, but we have it working across almost all caching systems by doing this.

Force SSL should always be ON for ecommerce sites, but also don't try mixing SSL enablers, there are a lot out there, and often you need to make sure your entire site is secure with https. If you use our system, turn it ON, or use another method that works for your site, but we find ours pretty consistent and works well.

Comment

Thank you! Not sure which one worked, but things are fine now.
          I have a Let's Encrypt SSL Cert through Dreamhost, and followed their instructions to mod the htaccess file to apply it, so I'm pretty sure my entire site is secure.

Comment

Yes, that works too setting it in the htaccess. There are also really good plugins like 'Really Simple SSL' that can do this quite efficiently as well.

Comment

Working...
            X