Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturer page

Good day
    I have recently installed WPEasyCart and am still discovering, so please bear with me...
    I want to setup a store with products from different manufacturers.
    So i want to display the following pages:
    1. page with category of products (this is ok, i found it)
    2. for each category, have a page that shows different manufacturers
    3. for each manufacturer, show a description of them, and their products

For now, I have seen that for a product, when i click on Manufacturer, it takes me to a page with all the products from that manufacturer. But unfortunately there is no space/way for me to put a blurb about the Manufacturer itself. And when i go in the EasyCart dashboard in the Manufacturer section, there is no field whatsoever to describe it.

Am i seeing correctly or have i missed something? How would you advise me to go by in order to have this description of the manufacturer come up?

Thank you very much for your assistance!

You can find the page for manufacturers at yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=ec_store

You can add your blurb above or below the shortcode.

Comment

Thanks Aussie ! I was actually looking for that!
      But where do you access this 'Store items' page other than with the direct url ??

Comment

pcx.wave Out of the box you can't. They are custom post types, something I have never tried to understand. Reading up on how that works in WordPress would probably help you.

Comment

pcx.wave I spent some time experimenting with trying to do this and managed to get something that worked.

Add this code to your theme's functions.php file (preferably a child theme version):

Code:
          /* Add Custom Post to Admin Panel */
          add_action('admin_menu', 'my_admin_menu');
          function my_admin_menu() {
          add_submenu_page('edit.php', 'Easycart', 'Easycart', 'manage_options', 'edit.php?post_type=ec_store');
          }
          register_post_type( 'ec_store',
          array(
          'labels' => array(
          'name' => __( 'Easycart' ),
          'singular_name' => __( 'Easycart' )
          ),
          'public' => true,
          'has_archive' => true,
          'show_in_menu' => 'edit.php'
          )
          );
          This adds a new entry under the Posts tab in the admin panel called "Easycart" and takes you straight to those posts. So you don't have to use the direct link any more.

Comment

Super useful, thanks a lot Aussie !

Comment

Just something to think about... the custom posts are not readily available because they are the original product developed dynamically by easycart. If you mess with it and customize a design, then there is a likely possibility it will get overwritten by a rebuild or update type procedure.

If you are going for a customized product details page, then the proper method would be to create a new wordpress page, then add your custom design and shortcode for the product on that page... not a custom post.

Comment

Thanks. Good to know.

The main reason I took the time to look for easier access is to turn off commenting and page title on newly added products.

Comment

Turning comments of is as simple as installing a plugin like 'disable comments' into your wordpress so you can turn them off across the site. The page title may be better controlled with some CSS to simply disable, just really depends on what the theme is doing.

Comment

Yes, but I have a blog "News" and other pages where commenting is needed, and therefore the page title as well. So I can't disable them site-wide. Thanks for advice though.

Comment

Working...
                    X