Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to setup Authorize.net- I keep getting "Card cannot be verified" errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to setup Authorize.net- I keep getting "Card cannot be verified" errors.

I'm trying out WP Easy Cart- I only need it for one product, invoice payments. I'm using the simple checkout from authorize.net currently, and it's up and running, but I'd like a checkout page integrated into my site for a cleaner look.

I setup a staging site in a folder of my main domain, I've installed and configured EasCart. I have entered in the API Login ID and created a brand new transaction key. Entered all those in the store settings. The store status page is all green, everything is good.

But when I run any transactions, and I've tried with both EC and Authorize in test mode and both in live mode, I get this error:
    Your payment could not completed because your credit card could not be verified. Please check your credit card information and try again. If your problem persists, please contact us to complete payment.
    Authorize.net doesn't list any rejected transactions so I'm guessing the error is with WP EC.

Any other tips? I am using this in the Pro free trial mode to make sure it works before I buy it.

99% of the time this is there because of a connectivity API issue, wrong credentials.

you can usually go to settings -> log entries and look for the error there from the gateway and it gives a pretty good indication of what is going wrong with any of the gateways.

Comment

Thanks- i cut and paste the API keys. I did find the logs, I have my simple checkout setup to require a customer ID (that's how I know which account to apply to the payment to). Apparently Authorize.net wants that field from API initiated payments as well. I added this to the product as a required field in WP EC, I'll turn off that requirement on authorize and see if that does it.

Comment

That did it. Is there a way to add a customer ID field to the checkout page that would get sent to Authorize.net?

Comment

Working...
        X