Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced text editing?

Hi
    I have recently purchased to $80 version and am busy building my store...

I noticed in the video tutorials the user has options for bold, italic and adding URL's however, these options are not available on my set up.... I would like to add a link in the description to a page that explains some of the options I am offering.

Am I missing a simple step, or is advanced text editing not available?
    Last edited by TimBobTastic; 02-20-2015, 03:33 PM.

Yes, you can. When you Create New Product (or EDIT an existing product), on the BASIC INFORMATION tab, click the DESCRIPTION tab near the bottom. Then, to the right of those tabs, click on ADVANCED CONTENT EDITOR.

On the Layout Elements tab you can select how many columns you want and how they should be arranged.

On the Content Elements tab, click "Text Block" to enter a block of text. A "Text Block" symbol will be inserted into the blank work area. Click on the new "Text Block" symbol and the advanced text editing features will appear!

I have noticed, at least on my install, that the default settings will always be displayed when you re-enter this editor to make changes. However, they won't necessarily be what is saved. Example:
    If you set your font size to 24 and save some text, the next time you come in here to edit your text the font size box will be defaulted back to 8, but if you don't change it, your text will still be at 24 when you save.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Correct, and there is another path that can lead to various changes in the data, for example if you visit the storefront frontend while logged in, we also let you 'edit description' using wordpresses editor, which obviously can play havoc on the advanced content editor found in easycart admin.

My suggestion, use the advanced editor in EasyCart OR the edit description out on wordpress frontend, but try not to mix them back and forth... it's good to have the options, but the wordpress editor will obviously not see our coding, and ours their coding... if that makes sense

Comment

Many thanks for that excellent guidance.
        May I also ask where is the Wordpress editor located?
        Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X